Thursday, October 10, 2019

Princess Majestic Quest

Here's the project that has been paying my bills for about a year now!



It's a match-3 phone game featuring the Disney princesses.

The premise is that there was a storm of magical gemstones that ravaged their kingdoms, and the princesses need to deal with the fallout, restoring and ultimately improving a lot of iconic locations.

I was hired by a gentleman named Vincent who found Open Sorcery by searching for "female protagonist" on Steam.

I've been working with a team from the Ukraine, who are thoughtful, creative, and good at pretending to be vampires.

--

The writing in this is different from my regular stuff--you'll find it to be tamer and briefer. That's the nature of the beast (and sometimes the nature of the Beast) when working within someone else's IP in a game where narrative sections must be short.

It's been wonderful training in cutting out all but the most important parts of a scene, and I think I'm getting progressively better at it.

It's been REALLY great training in working with editors and taking and giving constructive feedback!

The project is by no means done--they want to make more worlds with more princesses.

Which is lovely, because it means I have steady but flexible work that leaves me open to also work on Sea++. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment